Trainers, the Hoenn event is currently underway in Pokemon GO, bringing back Pokemon first discovered in the Hoenn region into spotlight! In order to help you figure out what’s new, we’ve prepared a quick rundown of the new Hoenn raid bosses, new Hoenn themed Field Research tasks and new 7 KM egg hatches. For an in-depth guide on how to maximize your gains from the event, make sure you check out this article: Hoenn Celebration Event Survival Guide!
Hoenn Event Raid Bosses
Hoenn raid bosses feature exclusively Generation 3 Pokemon which is expected given the nature of this event and there’s actually a lot to raid. Let’s cover all of our bases:
- Tier 1 is essentially shiny hunting at its finest.
- Kirlia, Grovyle, Combusken and Marshtomp can be raided in order to get a high IV Pokemon that will be evolved over the upcoming Community Days. Kirlia is worth double as it has a male and a female evolution branch.
- Metagross is an interesting raid boss, but it can’t learn Meteor Mash, so you’re probably better off spending a raid pass elsewhere
- Groudon and Kyogre and both amazing in their own way, we recommend raiding them extensively. Both can be shiny.
- The rest is hit or miss, wouldn’t spend a raid pass on it
- Possible shiny Pokemon in this raid boss rotation: Wingull, Plusle, Minun, Shuppet, Duskull, Sableye, Mawile, Absol, Groudon, Kyogre
The Hoenn raid boss chart is also available as an infographic:
Hoenn Event Field Research
There are only three Field Research tasks that are exclusive to the Hoenn Celebration event:
|Evolve 3 Wurmple||Encounter: Trapinch|
|Hatch 2 Eggs||Encounter: Nosepass|
|Catch 10 Zigzagoon or Taillow||1000 Stardust|
Hoenn Event 7 KM Egg Pool
The Hoenn event brought in a new wave of 7 KM egg hatches, but most notably, it’s now possible to hatch a shiny Absol! The following infographic shows which Pokemon are now hatchable from the 7 KM egg pool.
The post Hoenn Event Raid Bosses, Field Research and Egg Hatches appeared first on Pokemon GO Hub.