In today’s official blog post (titled “An Update on EX Raid Battle Invitations“), Niantic has announced that a handful of positive changes were made to the invitation system.
The changes are as follows:
- Number of Gyms that meet the EX Raid Battle criteria will increase, resulting in more eligible park & sponsor gyms
- Average number of Trainers invited per Gym will also increase
- Trainers with a higher level badge are more likely to be invited
- Trainers that complete more Raid Battles (at any location) the week before EX Raid Battle are more likely to be invited
In addition to these changes, Niantic has confirmed that a bug was introduced when these changes were made, and, as a result, some Trainers were invited to participate in an EX Raid Battle at a Gym they may not have visited in several months. This bug has already been resolved.
Niantic has also apologized to the genera playerbase for any frustration that the recent wave of EX Raid Battle invitations has caused:
We appreciate the feedback many of you have shared over the past several weeks and apologize for any frustration the latest batch of invitations may have caused. We’re constantly monitoring feedback shared on various social media and support channels, so please continue to share your thoughts on your preferred channel as we continue to fine-tune this feature.
We are currently analyzing the survey data from the “buggy wave” and we can confirm that the latest batch of invitations was severely affected by this bug. Preliminary results show that almost 48% of invitations were distributed for gyms that were not raided recently.
The following graph shows the same distribution between first time and experienced EX Raiders:
- Niantic confirms “one week eligibility” period for players and EX invitations
- Gym badge influences likelihood of getting an invite
- Number of Completed Raids in the previous week influences likelihood of getting an invite
We have updated our EX Raid Pass page accordingly.
The post Niantic updates the EX invitation system, apologizes for player frustration appeared first on Pokemon GO Hub.