GO Hub’s APK mine of the new 0.91.1 Pokemon GO update is complete… and boy is it a big one! The 0.91.1 is one of the most exciting updates (data-mining wise) in the history of Pokemon GO, as it brings the first hints of an upcoming feature: QUESTS!
Official change log
- Improved the in-game News feature.
- The Pokémon Collection search function now lets Trainers search using “Shiny.”
- Various bug fixes and performance updates.
And now for the unofficial change log…
Quest support is here, although it is not yet activated. This is what we know about quests:
- There are various types of quests.
- Quests can be multi part, challenge or story quests
- Quests feature Professor Willow, “face expressions” are also mentioned but nothing super important to report
- Quests follow a “template structure”, which means that the majority of quests will feature similar goals: get X of Experience / Item / Dust, etc… the whole code dump is below
- Quests have requirements: level, medal or a previous quest
The “first _ of the day” quests were already in the APK since daily bonuses were introduced. The quest system now supports several new types, including the multi part quest system.
.QUEST_UNSET .QUEST_FIRST_CATCH_OF_THE_DAY .QUEST_FIRST_POKESTOP_OF_THE_DAY .QUEST_MULTI_PART .QUEST_CATCH_POKEMON .QUEST_SPIN_POKESTOP .QUEST_HATCH_EGG .QUEST_WALK_BUDDY .QUEST_FEED_POKEMON .QUEST_WIN_GYM_BATTLE .QUEST_COMPLETE_RAID_BATTLE .QUEST_LEVELUP_BADGE
Quest types and statuses
We don’t want to speculate about the possible implications of this, but there are Story and Challenge quests.
.QuestCase .QuestOneofCase .STORY_QUEST .CHALLENGE_QUEST .STATUS_UNDEFINED .STATUS_ACTIVE .STATUS_COMPLETED
Quest rewards or types are based around templates that seem to be a blueprint for quest generation (not verified yet):
.QuestTemplateId .EXPERIENCE .ITEM .POKEMON_ENCOUNTER .STARDUST .CANDY .AVATAR_CLOTHING .QUEST
Quests can also be gated with the following preconditions:
.QuestPreconditionType .QUEST_PRECONDITION_UNSET .QUEST_PRECONDITION_QUEST .QUEST_PRECONDITION_LEVEL .QUEST_PRECONDITION_MEDAL
The whole system is looking to be very interesting, but the code is still at a very young stage and things can still change.
There are no new visual assets to accompany the new system, but there are a few hints in the Unity asset bundles:
Nothing notable. Texture fixes, etc. Quest star added, but it’s basically a white star.
- Bug fixes and performance optimizations
- Deoxys and Castform should have a forms button in the Pokedex (not yet active)
- News section was updated
- Device support can be checked, as hinted previously in the Network bundles
- A decent amount of infrastructure changes